I got a headset wrench in the mail today.
My old one is “multisized” and not very good at any of them. Tools pay for themselves, some tool seller once said. I got that and a new front light and some dorky (or cool) handlebar-end lights. They don’t fit on my bike though, which was the plan. But they do fit on the Bluebird. I guess that’s where they’ll go. All this stuff adds up, money wise. But I don’t count late accessories received after the bike is ridable as part of the bike. Shifty mental accounting. This is an operating expense.
But there is something weird about the headset. I repacked it with grease. Fine enough. But the locking nut can’t go down far enough. There is already one space-taking washer in there (strange, I said, when I first saw it). but I guess it needs two.
And I think I bent the front fork slightly getting it in the car last night. Not enough for me to do anything about it. But now you have to apply a little spreading force to get the front wheel on. Godverdomme.